Colors on Site

because Torrington has so many "art deco" buildings, I began to think of "retro" and then using retro Color Scheme -- I found a random image on the internet that contains many of the colors that were in my mind:

I decided to use a "teal" color for the highlight color (Background on the CSS rollover navigation items, Drop Cap color, Color of the "Quoted Text" and color of "Litchfield County Screen Project"  The color is fun, and you can see it... some of the other colors I chose seemed to get "washed out. 

Below is a sample of one of my MANY logo revisions using "retro colors" a movie reel and my brick city landscape and litchfield hills.

For awhile, I thought I might want to change the color scheme... to more "standard" colors - I also thought it would be cool to change the logo so that it included gears or metal or somehow depicted Torrington's "factory" history.

I checked out Torrington's City Website, and Torrington HighSchool and figured, it might be more prudent to go with a more conservative color

scheme since my graphics are not. So Blue - with some red.

Below is what I came up with... but decided not to use.   I had a lot of fun creating this, and still like it .....  perhaps I can use for something else in the future. 

Example Image